- 1 large squash
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 large apples peeled, cored and chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 400g (1 can) chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable broth (homemade if possible)
Place the full squash upright into roasting tin & add to a preheated oven set to 200ºC/gas mark 6 for 25 minutes, or until the skin has thinned and is easy to peel away with a sharp knife.
Allow the squash to cool before peeling away the skin and removing the seeds, then cut into 1 inch cubes.
In a large pan, add the coconut oil & begin to fry off the onions, garlic & apple until softened.
Add the cubed squash, chopped tomatoes & paprika, along with the vegetable stock.
Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Allow to cool before puréeing to a smooth texture (note; more vegetable stock can be added at this stage if a thinner soup is required).
Warm and top with toasted pumpkin seeds to serve – Enjoy!
Amy Griffiths, Well Being Freedom Services Ltd ©